Candy Coated

Monday, May 07, 2007

back to the old grind...

So, I am reading this book, eat, pray, love by Elizabeth Gilbert and it is so amazing! I am savoring every sentence and sometimes rereading parts just to extend the time this book will be in my hands. I already know I am going to be very sad when I'm done reading it.

I was telling my friend about the book and I mentioned a part that really hit home for me. It seemed to parallel my feelings about Matt and the difficulty I have getting over him. Later that day, she found out her boyfriend had been talking to his ex and lying to her about it. She went to talk to him and I reminded her about the story before she left.


"But I really loved him... I wish me and David could-"

He cuts me off. "See, now that's your problem. You're wishin' too much, baby. You gotta stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone oughtta be."

-Elizabeth Gilbert, eat pray love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home